Here is a list of the Top Ten Dogs that Bite. It was originally compiled by the American Veterinary Medical Association, the CDC, and the Humane Society.
- Pit Bulls – they are considered fearless, extremely aggressive, they will clamp their jaws and hold on until the victim dies
- Rottweilers – they have strong territorial instincts (this makes them good guard dogs) and they are very aggressive
- German Shepherds – they are considered fearless, intelligent, and alert
- Huskies – high energy and intelligent, with a deadly bite (6% of all dog bite fatalities were bitten by an Alaskan Husky)
- Alaskan Malamutes – very active, destructive
- Doberman Pinschers – aggressive and territorial, alert, and intelligent
- Chow-Chow – aggressive and aloof
- Presa Canario – fearless and powerful body and jaws
- Boxer – smart and energetic
- Dalmatian -aggressive, protective, intelligent
If you have one of these breeds, please take the time to train your dog, work on socialization, and give your dog love and affection. Never leave your dog alone with children. All of these things will help your dog to be less aggressive.
If you have been the victim of an unprovoked dog bite or dog attack, you need professional representation. Minnesota has one of the most liberal dog bite statutes and with proper representation you should be able to recover any financial losses, as well as any future losses from disabilities. Our Minnesota Personal Injury Lawyers are wise, proficient litigators with years of experience in dog bite cases. Call 612-TSR-TIMEr submit our free consultation form.